BEGE-102 Important Questions to prepare for Upcoming Exams
BEGE-102 Important Questions
1.Write short notes on:
- Rising and Falling tones
- Affixes and Suffixes
2. Divide the following words into their constituent morphemes:
- Identify the prefixes and suffixes that occur in the following words:
questionable, irrelevant, childhood, unwelcome, commandment, illegible, broader, impossible, exclamation, semi-solid, insanity, disagreement, unlawful, insecurity, preoccupied
4.Classify the following nouns into singular and plural:
Feet, women, news, views, lice, tooth, men, doors, calendar, stadium, animal, measles, radii, mice, thoughts, economics, analyses, clothes
- What are Vowels ? How are they different from Consonants ?
- Explain the different types of clauses and give two examples of each clause.
- Distinguish between finite and non-finite verbs giving at least two examples for each.
- Discuss with examples the different types of question formations in English.
- Classify nouns and adjectives in the following sentences :
(i) She is eating a sweet apple.
(ii) He is a very tall man.
(iii) The water is very cold.
(iv) My friend is beautiful.
(v) They like to buy new clothes every day.
(vi) The evening is very cool.
(vii) The dog is sitting on the sofa.
- Explain with examples the basic sentence types in English.
- Fill in the blanks with the articles ‘a’, ‘an’ or the’.
(i) He wrote __________ book in _________ month of March.
(ii) ________ long poem was read by ________ poet himself.
(iii) Neera is _________ beautiful girl.
(iv) _________ child is holding _________ umbrella.
- Give the phonetic symbols for the following descriptions of the English consonants. The first one has been done for you.
Voiceless bilabial plosive — /p/
(i) Voiceless affricate
(ii) Voiced bilabial nasal
(iii) Voiceless labiodental fricative
(iv) Voiceless alveolar plosive
(v) Voiced alveolar fricative