MES-014 Important Questions for upcoming exams
MES-014 Important Questions
1. What is mass media ? Discuss the use of mass media in education in India from a historical perspective.
2. Explain education as an instrument of social change.
3. Discuss the direct and indirect costs of education.
4. Explain the concept of school as a social organisation. Discuss the role of teacher in bringing about social change citing examples from the Indian context.
5. Explain the concept of Globalization. Discuss its advantages and disadvantages in the context of education.
6. What do you mean by Social Stratification ?
7. What do you mean by community participation in education ? Critically discuss the problems and issues related to community participation in education in India. Support your answer with suitable examples.
8. What is meant by ‘Ideology’ ? Critically discuss how ideology has shaped the curriculum during the post-independence period.
9. How will you measure and analyse the ‘rate – of – return’ to investment in education ?
10. Justify school as a social system. Describe the various functions of school as a social system.
11. Explain the different theoretical perspectives to understand schooling as a socio-cultural process.
12. Discuss the role of the teacher as an instructional input in imparting knowledge.
13. Write a short note on : National Knowledge Commission of India.
14. Explain the concept of alternative education with examples.
15. What is meant by social mobility ? Compare vertical and horizontal mobility with suitable examples.
16. What is meant by ‘Ideology’ ? Critically discuss how ideology has shaped the curriculum during the post-independence period.
17. What do you mean by equity and excellence in education ? Discuss various indicators of equity and excellence in education.