MPC-001 Important Questions for Exams from Previous Years Papers
All these questions are from IGNOU's Previous Years Question Papers. These are those questions which are mostly repeated in One or more years exams.
1. Describe the domains of cognitive psychology. Differentiate between cognitive psychology and cognitive science.
2. Define intelligence. Illustrate Gardner’s views on intelligence.
3. Analyze the significance of the PASS theory of intelligence.
4. Give an account of the stages of language acquisition.
5. Describe the various types of speech disorders.
1. Describe Bloom’s taxonomy of cognitive domain with example.
2. Describe Guilford’s structure of intellect model of intelligence.
3. Discuss the meaning, types and stages of problem solving.
4. Critically analyze any one theory of language acquisition.
5. Analyze the environmental and cultural blocks of problem solving with examples.
6. Examine the Investment and Confluence Theory of Creativity.
7. Write short note on: Key issues in cognitive psychology.
1. Define cognitive psychology. Analyze the research method in cognitive psychology.
2. Critically evaluate the PASS Theory.
3. Describe the acquisition of a second language.
4. Differentiate between STM and LTM.
5. Explain Apraxia of Speech.
6. Describe the various types of bilingualism.
1. Critically evaluate Sternberg’s information processing approach.
2. Define Creativity. Explain the measurement of creativity.
3. Compare and contrast the behaviouristic theory and the innateness theory of language acquisition.
4. Explain the information processing approach to problem solving.
5. Explain the principles of information processing.
6. Describe heuristic as a strategy of problem solving.
1. Describe and evaluate Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligence.
2. What is speech disorder? Discuss the various characteristics of Apraxia of Speech and Dysarthria.
3. Describe Sternberg’s Triarchic theory of intelligence.
4. Briefly discuss the history of measurement of intelligence.
1. What are the key issues in Cognitive Psychology? Discuss the current status of Cognitive Psychology as a branch in Psychology.
2. Describe the various types of problem.
3. Explain the principles of the information processing system.
4. Explain the various aspects of creativity.
5. Discuss Vernon’s Hierarchical theory of intelligence.
1. Explain the principles of information processing. Describe Sternberg’s information processing approach.
2. Critically discuss Das, Naglier’s and Kirby’s PASS theory.
3. Explain the information processing and computer simulation approach to problem solving.
4. What is apraxia of speech?
5. Describe Guilford’s structure of intellect theory.
6. Explain the measurement of creativity.
1. Explain the meaning of creativity and describe the stages of creativity.
2. Describe the stages of language acquisition. Explain the behaviouristic theory of language acquisition.
3. Explain the principles of information processing.
4. Explain the ‘backward search’ and ‘thinking aloud’ as techniques of problem solving.
1. Evaluate the Structure-of-Intellect (S01) theory of intelligence given by Guilford.
2. Explain the research methods in cognitive psychology.
3. Discuss the nature of short term memory and long term memory.
4. Explain aphasia.
1. What is intelligence ? Compare and Contrast Spearman’s Two factor theory and Thurstene’s Group factor theory of intelligence.
2. Describe the stages of creativity. Explain the relationship between intelligence and creativity.
3. Differentiate between Broca’s aphasia and Wernicke’s aphasia.
4. Explain Atkinson and Shfffrin’s stage model of memory.
5. Discuss the strategies of problem solving and point out their advantages and disadvantages.
Let us know in the comments if you want answers of any of these questions.
Good luck for the exams!! 🙂 🙂
All your MPC-001 blocks in one place.
These notes are prepared by MAPC pass outs.
You won’t need any other book for passing exams in one go.
All the information you need about Cognitive Psychology, Memory and Learning in one PDF.
Great for IGNOU MAPC exam, NET preparation and general psychology studies.